Physician and Institutional Ordering
Dried-blood spot specimens are required for testing submission. If collection cards are needed, please contact 844-213-2329.
- Collect testing specimen from patient. It is recommended that all specimen collection be performed by a medical professional.
2. Download our Test Requisition Form and complete.
3. Download our Informed Consent Form. A signed informed consent form is required for each individual tested.
4. Upon completion, please return all forms with the specimen, via fax (303) 865-3892 or via email email@example.com .
5. Return specimen and completed forms to the Baby Genes Laboratory. For timely results, overnight shipping is recommended. For additional shipping information please contact us.
Baby Genes Inc
15000 W 6th Avenue Suite 150
Golden, CO 80401
6. Results will be reported within 96 hours of sample completion. Please ensure the preferred physician contact method is included on Physician Requisition Form.
Supplemental NBS or Carrier Screening
Dried-blood spot specimens are preferred for testing submission (Whatman 903 Cards are preferred). If collection cards are needed, please contact 844-213-2329.
- Please download our Test Requisition Form and complete.
- Upon completion, please return the form via fax (303) 865-3892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The sample collection kit will be sent directly to the patient (unless otherwise noted). If the test is being ordered for an unborn child, the collection kit will be sent approximately 45 days prior to the expected due date; otherwise, collection kit will be immediately shipped.
- Collect testing specimen from patient. It is recommended that all specimen collection be performed by a physician or medical professional.
- Procedures for Successful Sample Collection and Handling – Dried Blood Spot
- Procedures for Successful Sample Collection and Handling – Buccal Swab
5. Return sample to Baby Genes Laboratory using the prepaid label included within collection kit. The sample will be overnighted (FedEx Express Overnight Priority), and processing will begin upon arrival.
6. Results will be reported within 96 hours of sample completion for newborn screening. Carrier screening results will be reported within 7-10 business days.
Please ensure the preferred physician contact method is included on the Test Requisition Form.
**Baby Genes is pending licensure in the following states: MD and NY. If you are ordering from one of these states, please contact us for licensure status.
If insurance billing is requested, please contact insurance carrier to inquire about pre-authorization requirements. If a Letter of Medical Necessity is required, we have provided a template for your use.
Please contact us with any questions.